Thursday 20 March 2014

Joining the gym


Around November last year I joined a gym, and although I've been going a few times a week and have been doing pretty well for someone who usually just sits around thinking she's healthy because she didn't have a second breakfast this morning, it's only been in the past month or so that I've decided to really take my fitness seriously. 

So with my new found vigour for working out, I took myself shopping for some proper gym gear (any excuse, really). I bought a training bra from Primark and two large baggy tops to wear over the top so that I don't get all hot and flustered in more tight-fitted tops, a pair of jogging pants from Adidas, and two pairs of shorts for when I get to summer. I already had a few vest tops to wear, and my blue Converse ankle trainers, but felt like if I was going to start taking it seriously then I needed to look the part a bit more.

I've been loving going to the gym, especially if I've been having a stressful day as it just helps me to work it all out and feel calmer, as well as getting fitter and more toned for when it gets to summer. I can already feel my fitness improving (I ran for the bus the other day and didn't even get that out of breath), and I really enjoy knowing that I've done something productive with my evening, rather than sitting around watching tea-time quiz shows on TV like I normally do.

If you're looking for something to do to help you feel less like a couch potato and more like enthusiastic about exercise, I would highly recommend joining a gym! 



Bye for now,
Lexi
x

2 comments:

  1. Primark does great workout gear don't they? & those converse are beautiful, good luck with your gym going :)

    Rach xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to just bite the bullet and do it!

    Efia @ Effy Talks Life xxx

    ReplyDelete