Thursday 19 June 2014

The Jelly Shoe

I do apologise for my recent absenteeism on this blog, however my life has been filled with some pretty big events and decisions recently, some university related and some fun and social related including an amazing holiday with my friends in Spain!


Today I'm here to talk about the odd things that have been happening in the shoe division of fashion this year. With the increasing popularity of the 'ugly shoe' trend, I've just felt like I've not really adapted my style to incorporate any of these changes into my wardrobe. As the lovely Mark Francis from Made In Chelsea pointed out a few episodes back: style is constant; fashion is ever-changing, and you must incorporate fashion into your style. So I made up my mind a few weeks ago to make some kind of alteration to my shoe collection!

However, as somebody who's quiet tall and rather clumsy, I felt as if the bulky 'ugly shoes' on-trend at the minute would just make me look ridiculous. I feel like those kinds of shoes suit the daintier, more slight people among us - something that I am most definitely not. But I have been absolutely delighted in recent weeks to discover that my childhood favourite 'jelly bean' shoes are back, so I couldn't wait to pick up this pair from Boohoo.com (for only £10!)

I've been loving wearing this the past few weeks, and have been great for updating my wardrobe and just making my outfits feel fun again! I've been wearing them with high-wasted jeans, printed dresses and plain leggings, and I honestly think they're great for any kind of style. I think my next venture into the world of new shoes will again be jelly-related, however this time I'm going to dare to go for low-heeled, silvery ones with a tiny speckley-sparkly pattern on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment